Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Realization of a Real Thank You

I had an epiphany earlier today that warranted a short blog post and a huge thank you.

My most recent session with the Smith family was a delight. Good looking family, adorable kids and a session that had me beating my head against the desk deciding which photos to edit. (That's a good thing.)  I did their viewing a few weeks later and got their order put in. My epiphany was this; if they hadn't purchased the amount of photos they did, I wouldn't have been able to purchase clothes for my son. I'm a firm believer of supporting small businesses, and have said it ever since I started this business. But I never fully understood what it meant...until now. I'll admit that I haven't had the best of luck in the past few years with keeping a steady job. I've had 5 jobs in the past 2 years, 4 of which that were in sales (throw in a failing economy and you can see why it's been 4 jobs) and the last one is now finally steady. I had to get a full time job to help support my absolutely perfect and adorable son. Since his birth , finances have been extremely tight between me and mama. So tight that I've had to sacrifice seeing my own son and help Michelle, my love and mother of my child, take care of our son. She's purchased the majority of all his clothes, diapers, bottles...everything. When we went to Shopko recently and we found these adorable dinosaur and animal-mohawk outfits for me, it was ME who was able to purchase them. She didn't have the money, but thanks to the Smith family, I was able to buy something for my son for the first time since he was born. So Smith family, I can't thank you enough. If it wasn't for you guys, I never would have been able to purchase needed clothes for my son. And to the rest of you who is reading this...


SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESSES!!! I don't care how much more expensive they are or have to special order the item you're looking for, BUY IT!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT NECESSITIES THEY OR THEY FAMILY MIGHT NEED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment